evaluation
Evaluation
Web design
Firstly I struggled to come up with an idea of who I wanted
to create a web site for as we had to come up with a client, to which I took to
social media and looked at local websites of people I knew being the five bells
in my village, and a hairdressers called gammons in long Sutton, but then talking
to my mum she gave me the idea to produce a website for my dad and brother, as
they work together as carpenters who are self-employed, and are only heard by
mouth, so I came up with the idea to make them this website based on the work
they have done and also away to contact them.
My research had consisted of finding out the geographical
information of who would want a to use a carpenter and also analysing an
exciting website which I chose the Paramore website, and I also looked at the
other websites of Gammons and the Five Bells, to see what their websites already
looked like, also went onto D Browns contractors to which my brother and father
are under at the moment to which they are working over in Sheffield.
My planning of the website, I had the idea to use tools that
are commonly used by tradesmen in the industry of carpentry as the home buttons
when the mouse rolled over to move to the next page, I struggled to come up
with what sort of colours to use so I asked what they would prefer and they
chose the colour orange, and my brother also asked if I could produce them a
logo to which they could use within the near future, the pages I was planning
on having was a: home page, about us, previous jobs, reviews, and a contact us,
to which there was going to be sub-pages such like the pages separated in the about us page which would have
information about them, and having a
gallery page to show the previous work that they had done and not just words constantly.
The production side to my website is coming along greatly if
only I had more time to finish the website of, so it was fully functional
instead only being able to go to certain parts and getting minimal information
or no information at all.
I do think I could
have uploaded more stuff to my blogger but I didn’t understand as to what
needed to be put up on to my blog.
Research : Show that you have analysed another two sites and the parts of the sites that are similar to your design (e.g. the button layers for carpentry tools) Detail all of your website design sources. Who exactly is your target audience and why?
ReplyDeleteEvaluation : Reflect upon Ideas (sketches? moodboard? Explanation of carpentry site) Planning, the Production itself and Research. How can you improve each of these and what have you learnt and applied in this unit?